Friday, February 02, 2007

To get real gone

So I was watching the Miss America pageant today (not on purpose, it just happened to be on CMT, which makes no sense to me, but whatever) and one of the chicks said that she wanted to empower. And I was thinking how the hell is being a beauty queen empowering? All it teaches is for younger and younger girls to think about looks and not their personalities, and if you aren't born with the good looks, you have to fuck yourself over so much to try and look like the beauty queens, yeah that's empowering.
I'm not one of the people that was blessed with good looks, hell I still don't look that good (not that I'm a totally ugly person, but not knock-out beautiful). And thank god I never was taught that it's all about looks and having that body. Not that I don't have a nice skinny body, and apparently nice legs (so I've been told), course the world doesn't get to see those legs cause I don't like to shave. Anyways, I was taught that the inside mattered no matter what's on the outside. I feel sorry for the children that are taught from a young age that they have to be beautiful. And I don't believe for a second that they want to participate in those beauty pageants, no matter what the parents or the kids say. You don't want to do that. It's just a conditioned response so your parents don't get pissed at you in private.

So, Karli gave me this keychain last week, it's got this great phrase on it:
Stress: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some jerk who desperately deserves it.
SO DAMN TRUE!

And it's Friday again, and guess what I'm home alone again. SURPRISE!! That's ok, it's 80's Friday night on my radio station, I have a tendency to forget this, but I love listening to 80's songs. Unfortunately, from 7 to 12 pm the dj decides he can't play a song twice, so if you miss a good one you're SOL.

No comments: