Friday, January 19, 2007

I follow my heart

I found this in one of my email groups, thought it was pretty cool, and yet sad at the same time.

Just a biker
I saw you hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.
You didn't see me put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk.
You didn't see me playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant.
You didn't see me attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by
You didn't see me driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children.
You didn't see me when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you stare at my long hair.
You didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves.
You didn't see me and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none.

I saw you look in fright at my tattoos.
You didn't see me cry as my children were born and having their name tattooed on my skin and in my heart.

I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.
You didn't see me going home to be with my family.

I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.
You didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you yelling at your kids in the car.
You didn't see me pat my child's hands knowing he was safe behind me.

I saw you reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.
You didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you race down the road in the rain.
You didn't see me get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.
You didn't see me trying to turn right.

I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.
You didn't see me leave the road.

I saw you waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.
You didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you go home to your family.
You didn't see me because I died that day when you cut me off.

I was just a biker and a person with friends and family.
You didn't see me.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON FOR YOUR FRIENDS WHO RIDE OR had someone WHO MAY HAVE DIED WHILE RIDING A MOTORCYCLE.

No comments: