Monday, December 25, 2006

Six years old and you take a nap

So, if you haven't heard the news, James Brown is dead. He died early this morning in . If you don't know who he is, look him up here, and don't mention it to me. He was called the Godfather of Soul, and I remember him best for his performance as Reverend Cleophus James in The Blues Brothers (one of the greatest movies ever made, which you should not watch with me, as I know just about every word) and from a performance he did on a TV show called New York Undercover, in the 90's, he played "It's a Man's World" which I had to go and buy right after I saw it. Another great singer is gone.
So, I hope you all had a good Christmas and got all (or quite a few of the things you wanted). Some of the things I got include: quite a few snowmen (as I collect them), Ice Age 1 and 2, the Jason Aldean CD (Which I've already put on my mp3 player, as well as the music video of Hicktown, that came on the CD), some cardstock, and various patterned paper for me artwork, a few things from Alaska (as my parents went there this summer), things from Mexico (my mom went there last spring), a shirt, some Borders giftcards, some local grocery store giftcards, and a chocolate Santa. My friend Carrie, gave me some chocolates on Sat night (which I ate for breakfast Sunday morning).
We had some nice meals the past few days, porkchops with potatoes and carrots last night, and seafood pasta with salad today.

Once again, I hope you all had a good holiday

No comments: