Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What else am I gonna do

So here's my commentary and who won what at the CMA awards last night. And if you don't want to read my commentary, scroll down to the bottom where I've listed the winners.
They started out with Brooks & Dunn with Vince Gill and Sheryl Crow performing Building Bridges. It was so nice to see Vince perform, I haven't seen him in awhile. But Sheryl and Brooks & Dunn's vocals sucked. I'm gonna say Sheryl was off, cause it's Brooks & Dunn's song.
Brooks & Dunn were the hosts and it was back in Nashville, I don't know who's stupid idea it was to have it in NY last year, but it was really dumb. I can't say I like the location (building wise) this year, it was in a huge entertainment center thingy, I'd rather they had it in the Grand Ole Opry (which is where I believe it's been in the past).
Bon Jovi presented an award with LeAnn Womack, can't say I like the close-up of him, though, he just looks weird. The Single of the Year was Believe by Brooks & Dunn, I love that song. It makes me cry every time I hear it, I'm not a religious song person, but I do like this one, and some of the others that have been out lately, such as Jesus, Take The Wheel and When I Get Where I'm Going, and the Sawyer Brown one, the name of which escapes me at the moment.
Carrie Underwood performed Before He Cheats, I love this song too.
Song of the Year was presented by LeAnn Womack and someone from All My Children (wasn't really important to me). All the songs nominated for this award struck a heart string with me: 8th Of November by Big & Rich, Believe by Brooks & Dunn, Jesus Take The Wheel by Carrie Underwood, Tonight I Wanna Cry by Keith Urban (one of the most depressing songs I've heard, actually this one I don't really like, so sorry doesn't strike a heart string), When I Get Where I'm Going by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton, Believe won. Music video were those minus Keith's and added in Kerosene by Miranda Lambert, Believe also won this.
Alan Jackson performed Like Red on A Rose, this is a beautiful song. A nice love song, and having Alan Jackson perform it, makes it so much better, the way his voice sings it. It's a great song. Little Big Town performed Bones, this was also a new song, but it sounds great. I love how their harmony works together. Plus the brown-haired guitar player's pretty hott.
Vocal Group of the Year was given to Rascal Flatts.
Martina McBride performed a great new song: Anyway. Check it out if you can. I love her, she's got such a great voice, and she can hold a note for a long time. Reba McIntire and Martina are my favorite women singers. This song tells you to do shit even though it can be messed up. It's a great life song.
George Strait was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Way to go, George.
Duo of the Year was Brooks & Dunn, not really a surprise, I believe between the 2 awards shows, they've only not won the award one time (they lost to Montgomery Gentry one year), so we've (me and numerous other people) have joked that it should just be renamed the Brooks & Dunn award.
Oh man, Dierks Bentley got married, guess I can cross him off my list. He performed Every Mile A Memory. I like this song it's got such a great rhythm.
Nice little gap between Dierks Bentley performing and Brooks & Dunn coming back out. Big oops there. Male Vocalist was awarded to Keith Urban, who had recently checked himself into an alcohol treatment center, rumored to be part of the arrangement of his marriage to Nicole Kidman.
Miranda Lambert performed a new song: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (I believe), she's so cute, I love how she knows how to play the guitar and chooses songs that are bitchy, but still cool.
Music Event of the Year was When I Get Where I'm Going by Brad Paisley featuring Dolly Parton. The Horizon Award (given to newer artists) was awarded to Carrie Underwood.
So, Josh Turner sang Would You Go With Me, I love his song Long Black Train, anyway since then, he's shaved/cut his hair really short, I don't like it.
OOOO!!! Jason Aldean performed Hicktown. HE IS SOOO HOTTTT!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!! He's actually the background picture on my desktop, he's soooo hott. It's a bummer he's married. He's my new crush in country music. He also reminds me of dream guy.
Female Vocalist of the Year was awarded to Carrie Underwood, and that's what the whole Faith Hill thing was about. She was in the camera (because they do that to see the reaction of the winner when the name is called), and she throws up her hands and says "WHAT?!" into the camera and walks off. I say it does look she's acting, it didn't seem to be anger, just acting, I guess, but it was real stupid looking. If you're looking for a video, check out my previous post.
Album of the Year was Time Well Wasted by Brad Paisley, I was kinda hoping for Kenny Chesney's album, oh well.
And Kenny won Entertainer of the Year. It was kinda funny cause, Barbara Mandrell paused before saying it, and you could hear the audience saying "Kenny"

To recap, in case you don't care about the commentary.
Song of the Year-- Believe by Brooks & Dunn
Single of the Year -- Believe by Brooks & Dunn
Music Video of the Year -- Believe by Brooks & Dunn
Vocal Group of the Year -- Rascal Flatts
Duo of the Year -- Believe by Brooks & Dunn
Male Vocalist of the Year -- Keith Urban
Horizon Award -- Carrie Underwood
Music Event of the Year -- When I Get Where I'm Going by Brad Paisley featuring Dolly Parton
Female Vocalist of the Year -- Carrie Underwood
Album of the Year -- Time Well Wasted by Brad Paisley
Entertainer of the Year -- Kenny Chesney

No comments: